Dedicated to your privacy
1. Information Collected Through Our Services
We gather two basic types of information through the Services: personally identifiable information that identifies a person as an individual ("Personal Information") and non-personally identifiable information, which includes aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal a person's specific identity ("Non-Personal Information").
- Personal Information. You do not have to provide Personal Information to use the Site. However, you may need to provide certain Personal Information to use some of our other Services. For example, when you sign up with BenePhoto, you establish a password-protected personal account for storing, organizing and sharing your digital images, as well as for using our other services. In order to establish your BenePhoto account, we will need your name, email address. Additionally, when you order prints, products or other paid products or services, we will need the shipping address, billing name and address, as well as the credit card number and expiration date. Further, if you wish to send email invitations to friends or family to allow them view your pictures or participate in our Share Service (as defined in Section 2(a)(viii) below, you may enter their email addresses using our Share Service. Your BenePhoto account also includes an address book, which you can use to store such email addresses.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect?
- Personal Information. We may use Personal Information in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use Personal Information to fulfill the purpose for which such Personal Information was provided (e.g., to fulfill your purchase or other transaction).
- Administrative Communications. From time to time, we may send you service announcement updates with important information about BenePhoto. Service announcements may contain information vital to your account, so members may not unsubscribe from service announcements.
- Other Communications. We may notify you via email or through the mail about new features, products and promotions. We may also send you information on carefully screened third parties whose products or services may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from these mailings, please review the instructions in the Section 6 ("Opt-Out") below.
- Contests and Surveys. We may occasionally request Personal Information through surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. The Personal Information collected is only used for purposes of improving user satisfaction with BenePhoto products and services, or in some cases, to notify winners and to deliver prizes. No Personal Information collected through these means is shared with or available to other third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes.
- Testimonials. Testimonials are used to show benefits to certain programs BenePhoto offers. BenePhoto always seeks consent prior to posting any testimonial in which Personal Information is included.
- Customer Service. Any Personal Information obtained through your contact with our Customer Service team or communications with us, such as chat or emails, may be recorded to help us provide better service.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use Personal Information about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits and so forth.
- Friends and Family.
BenePhoto's Share Service. Sharing your pictures electronically through BenePhoto's share service is one of the key benefits we offer. BenePhoto's share service includes both BenePhoto's general share service, which allows you to send others a one-time email to view photos, as well as our service that allows you to create a special website and invite recipients to participate in that website (collectively, the "Share Service"). Our Share Service allows you to send an email invitation to your selected recipients, to allow them to view, save, or purchase products from your pictures. This invitation email would contain a web link created specifically for your pictures. The email also may include information about special promotional offers from BenePhoto and/or carefully-screened third parties.
- Combining Information. At times, we may combine Personal Information collected from our Services and other information you shared with us to customize our service to you and improve your experience. For example, we may recommend products or offers you may be interested in based on what you have liked in the past, or remind you that you have an "active" shopping cart waiting for you. Additionally, in order to provide certain services to you, we may on occasion supplement the Personal Information you submitted to us with information from third party sources. For example, we use the US Postal Service's national change of address database in order to verify customer mailing addresses. We purchase marketing data from, for example, Yankelovich, Inc. and Donnelley and add it to our existing user database, to better target our advertising and to provide pertinent offers in which we think you would be interested, and to enrich our profiles of individual customers, we tie this information to the Personal Information that our customers have provided to us.
- Non-Personal Information. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share Non-Personal Information, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example, we might tell our business partners that a certain percentage of our customers live in California, while a different percentage live in New Jersey. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
3. Disclosures of Personal Information
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. BenePhoto may disclose Personal Information in the following situations as we believe to be appropriate, even though you might have requested that we don't share your information: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to governmental requests, including requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of BenePhoto, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may, to the fullest extent the law allows, disclose Personal Information to law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
You may unsubscribe to our notification at any time. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails click on the opt out option at the bottom on the email and you will be removed future from receiving any marketing-related e-mails.
BenePhoto seeks to have reasonable security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect Personal Information about you, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Services or that is stored by us.
8. Protecting the Privacy of Children
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and are not directed at such children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. Please do not register at BenePhoto if you are under the age of 13.
9. Third Party Sites
10. Changes and Notification
11. Contact Us
Please contact us to communicate any questions or concerns.
12. Jurisdictional Issues
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that the Services, or any part of the Services, are appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Services' availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.